I am preparing another Script Debugger 4.5 maintenance release.
UPDATE: Script Debugger 4.5.7 has been released.
As was the case with Script Debugger 4.5.5 and 4.5.6, I am struggling to resolve some stability problems that appeared following the release of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Resolving these issues has been very difficult as I am not been able to reproduce the crashes on my own systems. The Script Debugger 4.5.7b1 build addresses some additional problems that I hope will further improve stability.
To help me determine if I’ve resolved the stability issues (or at least improved things), please allow Script Debugger to submit ALL crash reports. I know that this may slow you down a little, but it will help me as I work to finally resolve the stability problems.
- A Script Debugger 4.5 registration number
- Intel or PowerPC Macintosh
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, 10.4
- Quit Script Debugger if it is running
- Mount the ScriptDebugger4.5.7 disk image
- Copy the Script Debugger 4.5 application from the disk image to your Applications folder (or any other place on your disk)
- Restart your Macintosh to ensure all caches are flushed
I recommend keeping your copy of Script Debugger 4.5.6 around in case you need to revert to that build. Note also that this BETA build expires on May 1, 2011.
Script Debugger 4.5.7b1 Changes
- 15090 [CRASH] Resolved a bug in the Balance command that could result in crashes if compound AppleScript statements (tell x to y, if x then y) appear within a block style comment.
- 15094 [CRASH] Another attempt to resolve the intermittent crashes which began with the release of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- 15093 Resolved a problem where the Dictionary window fails to display dictionary descriptions for multiple items selected from the browser.
- 15092 Resolved a problem where application bundles saved as 32-bit appear as PowerPC applications in the Finder.
- 15091 Fixed a typo in the property definition clipping.