I am preparing another Script Debugger 4.5 maintenance release.
UPDATE: Script Debugger 4.5.7 has been released.
As was the case with Script Debugger 4.5.5 and 4.5.6, I am struggling to resolve some stability problems that appeared following the release of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Resolving these issues has been very difficult as I am not been able to reproduce the crashes on my own systems.
To help me determine if I’ve resolved the stability issues (or at least improved things), please allow Script Debugger to submit ALL crash reports. I know that this may slow you down a little, but it will help me as I work to resolve the stability problems.
- A Script Debugger 4.5 registration number
- Intel or PowerPC Macintosh
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, 10.4
Script Debugger 4.5.7b4 (12MB)
- Quit Script Debugger if it is running
- Mount the ScriptDebugger4.5.7 disk image
- Copy the Script Debugger 4.5 application from the disk image to your Applications folder (or any other place on your disk)
- Restart your Macintosh to ensure all caches are flushed
I recommend keeping your copy of Script Debugger 4.5.6 around in case you need to revert to that build. Note also that this BETA build expires on October 1, 2011.
Script Debugger 4.5.7b4 Changes
- 15112 [Crash] Script Debugger co-exists with installations of the forthcoming Script Debugger 5.0.
- 15101 [Crash] Script Debugger no longer crashes when creating new documents on Lion (Mac OS X 10.7).
Script Debugger 4.5.7b3 Changes
- 15108 Addressed a problem where the Dictionary/Explorer control in the Dictionary window was not updated to ‘Dictionary’ following a search.
- 14862 Added support for ASObjC scripts by allowing ‘class “ClassName”‘ constructs to compile.