I am preparing another Script Debugger 4.5 maintenance release.
UPDATE: Script Debugger 4.5.7 has been released.
As was the case with Script Debugger 4.5.5 and 4.5.6, I am struggling to resolve some stability problems that appeared following the release of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Resolving these issues has been very difficult as I am not been able to reproduce the crashes on my own systems. The Script Debugger 4.5.7b2 build addresses some additional problems that I hope will further improve stability.
To help me determine if I’ve resolved the stability issues (or at least improved things), please allow Script Debugger to submit ALL crash reports. I know that this may slow you down a little, but it will help me as I work to finally resolve the stability problems.
- A Script Debugger 4.5 registration number
- Intel or PowerPC Macintosh
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, 10.4
Script Debugger 4.5.7b2 (12MB)
- Quit Script Debugger if it is running
- Mount the ScriptDebugger4.5.7 disk image
- Copy the Script Debugger 4.5 application from the disk image to your Applications folder (or any other place on your disk)
- Restart your Macintosh to ensure all caches are flushed
I recommend keeping your copy of Script Debugger 4.5.6 around in case you need to revert to that build. Note also that this BETA build expires on July 1, 2011.
Script Debugger 4.5.7b2 Changes
- 15107 Script Debugger no longer attempts to compile scripts when saving changes to an existing Text (.applescript) document.
- 15106 Script Debugger no longer causes AppleScript to convert “reference” to “specifier” when compiling scripts.
- 14862 Added support for ASObjC scripts by allowing ‘class “ClassName”‘ constructs to compile.
[…] AppleScriptObjC Explored 2.0 | Home | Script Debugger 4.5.7b2 […]
Comments are closed.